Friday, July 17, 2015

How The White House Thinks About Iran

By Micah Halpern
I've Been Thinking:
For several days now I have been wracking my head trying to understand how the White House could be so convinced that the deal with Iran was a good deal.

Everywhere I looked I saw flaws and problems.

But I think that I have now figured out what the Administration sees. I still vehemently disagree - but
I understand their thought process.

Here is the White House point of view. They want to stop the production of a nuclear weapon - not permanently, just for the next 15 years.
In order to prevent a bomb from being dropped over the next 15 years the president and his staff put two essential items in the agreement.

The agreement reduces the number of centrifuges in Iran from 20,000
to 50 or 60 and all of these will be the old IR-1 type centrifuges.

The agreement also demands that Iran reduce the amount of uranium from 10 tons of low enriched uranium 3.5% to 300 kilos. This will make it hard to create a bomb because an effective nuclear bomb needs 90%-95% enriched uranium. About one ton of uranium is what you need to make a single weapon.

Not as important to the White House but also stipulated in the agreement is that the arms embargo stay in place for another 15 years.

Now, if Israel was to initiate a military strike they would only delay the capability of Iran to develop their bomb by 7 or 8 years, at most 10 years. The White House thinks that what they have accomplished is a much better deal.

The White House is also wishfully hoping that, within the next 15 years, there will be a regime change in Iran. And therefore, they believe that their plan is the best plan to keep the region safe.

Again, I disagree.

Micah@MicahHalpern.com 

Read my latest book THUGS. It's easy. Just click. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=halpern%2C+micah
To reprint my essays contact sales (at) www.featurewell.com

No comments:

Post a Comment