Friday, September 13, 2013

What Syrians In Israel Think

By Micah Halpern
I've Been Thinking:

Since the conflict in Syria began, 86 Syrians have been brought to and treated in Israeli hospitals. There are 14 Syrians in Israeli hospitals right now.

Hassan Shaalan, a journalist for YNET in Israel, went to speak to some of the patients recuperating in Western Galilee Hospital which is located in the city Nahariyah in the North of Israel.
All of them, without exception, explained that they wanted a US strike against Assad ASAP.

A 20-year-old mother of a year-and-a-half old baby said that "I'd rather stay in Israel until the war is over. The people of the Syrian army are not human. They treat us like animals. I want Obama to attack certain locations in Syria without waiting for sources who can't understand our circumstances for approval. If there's no attack, I hope someone more courageous replaces him."

Another patient said: "Here in Israel I feel completely safe, but I'm worried about my family because I don't know where they are or how they are doing."

"In Syria, we live in danger and are prepared for death at any moment. I was surprised to hear that Obama went back on his decision to attack in Syria. I'm all for an attack so that he can protect us from the criminals who are murdering citizens for no reason. Canceling the attack leaves us abandoned. It proves the US doesn't care about us."

These Syrians represent a very small and very slanted sample. But their point of view is extremely telling.

Micah@MicahHalpern.com 

Read my new book THUGS. It's easy. Just click. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=halpern%2C+micah
To reprint my essays contact sales (at) www.featurewell.com

No comments:

Post a Comment