Tuesday, November 5, 2013

President Morsi in Court

By Micah Halpern
I've Been Thinking:

The trial of ousted Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi did not go as planned.

The proceedings began two hours late because Morsi refused to wear the prisoner uniform required for all defendants appearing before the court. It was delayed even more when Morsi, and others charged with him, refused to cooperate during the hearing.

Morsi shouted: "I am your legitimate president. You are wrong." "I object to having the Egyptian courthouse cover for the criminal military coupe."

When the court clerk took attendance of the defendants, Morsi interrupted and said: "I am forced to be in this place. I am here by force."

As it became obvious that the court was unable to control the defendants, Morsi again shouted. This time he said: "I am Dr. Mohammed Morsi, the president of the republic. I am Egypt's legitimate president."

Morsi shouted: "I refuse to be tried by this court."

The court should have realized that this would be the tactic taken by Morsi and his cohorts.

Micah@MicahHalpern.com 

Read my new book THUGS. It's easy. Just click. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=halpern%2C+micah
To reprint my essays contact sales (at) www.featurewell.com

No comments:

Post a Comment