Sunday, September 6, 2015

US Congressman Calls It "Peace in Our Time"

By Micah Halpern
I've Been Thinking:

US Congressman Patrick Murphy of Florida said he supports President Obama's Iran deal because, among other things, it will bring "peace in our time."

Murphy used the infamous Chamberlain quote to explain his support of the Nuke Deal.

When I heard about it - I couldn't believe it. So I checked it out and it was true. Here is the exact quote:

"I believe deeply in the unbreakable bond between the United States and Israel."

"This debate has proven to me that America and Israel are fortunate to have so many passionate, diverse voices who all want the same things: a nuclear-free Iran, a secure Israel, and peace in our time. In the interest of all three, I will be supporting this deal and voting against a Resolution of Disapproval in September."

In 1938 worried about the advances of Hitler's Germany, British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain went and signed the Munich Pact which forced Czechoslovakia to give Germany the Sudetenland.
And that was supposed to appease Hitler's desire to conquer Europe. Chamberlain returned from the meeting with the Munich Paper in his hands and announced at the foot of the stairs of his plane. "We have achieved peace in our time."

Actually, that was just part of Hitler's plan which duped Western leaders. Murphy should brush up on his history before making such grandiose statements.

Micah@MicahHalpern.com 

Read my latest book THUGS. It's easy. Just click. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=halpern%2C+micah
To reprint my essays contact sales (at) www.featurewell.com

No comments:

Post a Comment